Company: Regional Automotive Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Processes and generates financial data for all dealership
departments, which together represent the accurate financial
condition of the business. Provides accurate reporting to the
dealer/general manager and is responsible for accounting office and
- Hires, trains, and supervises office personnel.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures.
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly according to
dealership guidelines and the manufacturer's format and time
- Controls all posted documents, including time records, vehicle
deals, commissions and additions and changes to inventory.
- Prepares daily bank deposit and cash report.
- Maintains an effective cash management system. Forecasts cash
- Controls petty cash amounts for dealership and sales
- Provides a timely daily operating control (DOC) and keeps the
dealer/general manager informed about trends.
- Reconciles select accounts monthly.
- Approves adjustments to inventory and receivable accounts.
- Ensures that all manufacturer accounts including warranty
claims, rebates, interest, protection, and co-op advertising
accounts are current and accurate.
- Prints monthly journals, schedules and general ledger. Closes
month by processing accounting month-end.
- Participates in the preparation of short and long-term
- Assists in completion of annual review/audit.
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations.
- Prepares payroll on a timely basis, posts payroll and maintains
- Prepares tax reports, tax deposits and tax returns in a timely,
- Prepares employee health/life benefit payments.
- Stays abreast of current factory incentives and codes
deliveries on dealership computer system accordingly.
- Administers charge-back program for late charges to
- Prepares monthly floor plan report for use in commission
- Prepares sales commission/chargeback detail reports.
- Manages the payoff of vehicle floor plan and works with bank
- Approves new charge accounts and oversees collection of past
- Compiles information and prepares reports as requested by
management and/or dealer principal.
- Controls keys to buildings and maintains log of keys issued to
- Cross-trains a qualified substitute.
- Processes paperwork for new employees and terminations.
- Keeps an updated file of all dealership job descriptions.
- Maintains confidential employment files.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability
to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to
prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present
information to top management, public groups and/or boards of
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex
documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive
inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles
using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make
effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on
controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups
and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
Please reply with a copy of your resume and qualifications.
Keywords: Regional Automotive Group, Madera , Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Madera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...