Senior Vice President & Assistant Chief Financial Officer
Company: Valley Children's Healthcare
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Senior Vice President & Assistant Chief Financial
OfficerSUMMARY: Reporting to Valley Children's Healthcare Executive
Vice President and CFO, this position functions as Senior Vice
President & Assistant Chief Financial Officer. This position is
responsible for the planning, managing and implementing all
consolidated Valley Children's Healthcare financial analyses,
forecasting, reporting and maintaining internal financial controls.
In coordination with the Executive Vice President & CFO, guides the
overall financial strategy, planning and analysis, operating and
capital budgets, accounting, treasury functions, insurance
activities, revenue cycle and managed care for the organization;
plans, organizes, and analyzes the appropriate accounting and
statistical data with and for all entities of the organization.
Directs the financial accounting and reporting practices in
accordance with Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
requirements and in compliance with the U.S. Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as other regulatory agency,
state, and federal requirements. This position serves as the
primary liaison to external parties including, but not limited to,
accountants/auditors, rating agencies, financial advisors,
investment consultants, banking institutions and insurance brokers.
Direct reports to this position include Vice President Finance,
Vice President Revenue Cycle and Vice President Managed Care. This
position participates in Board of Trustees meetings as designated
by the President & CEO, Valley Children's Healthcare. The Senior
Vice President & Assistant Chief Financial Officer will be an
integral member of the senior leadership team that includes
Operations, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Philanthropy, Medical
Staff, Transformation, Strategy and Business Development, and
Community Engagement.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and establishes financial policies, systems and
controls consistent with overall strategic objectives of the health
system. Ensures adequate execution and manages health system
financial affairs according to strategic goals, sound business
practices, and health system policies and procedures.
- Short and long-range financial planning and oversight of
systems used to support analysis - Budget, 10 Year Plan, Cost
Accounting/Decision Support, ERP, Payroll/Timekeeping and Revenue
- Leads the annual consolidated operating and capital budget
process working with the executive team to ensure targets are met
and goals and initiatives are supported.
- Operationalizes monthly financial statement review, approval
and consolidation for all entities including the President & CEO
financial report, presenting financials to Leadership and various
Board of Trustees as requested.
- Oversight of forecasting and analysis of supplemental funding
including but not limited to the California Provider Fee Program
and disproportionate share funds.
- Bond/debt compliance including rating agency reporting and
presentations, covenant monitoring, continuing disclosures, with
updates to the Board as appropriate.
- Treasury management strategy and oversight including operating
cash, Designated Reserve and Strategic Investment Opportunities.
Includes participation on Board Investment Committee and
coordination with independent Investment Consultants.
- Insurance program strategy and oversight including Valley
Children's Insurance Company (captive) in partnership with legal
- Oversight of annual consolidated financial audit and compliance
with filing of all federal, state, local and government agencies
and accrediting bodies, as required.
- Oversee payer contract strategy, negotiations and analysis,
participates in payer contract meetings.
- Provide revenue cycle oversight to ensure processes meet
customer needs, both internal and external, and overall management
of AR days, collection ratios, write-offs, etc.Familiar with and
monitor key performance indicators. Engage with compliance related
- Serves as the primary interface with certain key outside
constituents including external auditors, payers, key banking
financial institutions, investment consultant, insurance
consultants, brokers and rating agencies.
- Participates on Board's / Board Committees as designated by the
President & CEOREQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting or related field required,
Master's in Business Administration preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Healthcare and/or Public Accounting
experience combined required.
- A minimum of 10 years experience demonstrating mastery of the
- Impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Business minded and strategic planner.
- Proven problem solver who can make decisions while under
- Self-motivated and self sufficient.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the implementation of strategic
and annual operating plans that ensures people, systems, and
processes are coordinated, integrated, and aligned for optimal
- Strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare financing,
strategy and operations, integration, joint ventures, alternative
payor contracting strategies, community benefit, and charity
- Superior leadership skills, especially in building
relationships, developing talent, stimulating innovative, creative
approaches. Supports, advocates for, delegates to, recognizes and
sets high expectations for the team.
- Participative, team-oriented, collaborative style.
- High ethics and strong set of values. Unwavering
- Courage to speak up and challenge the status quo.
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
- Excellent physician relationship skills.
- Strong mission orientation. Positive and energizing, with a
drive and passion for excellence and making a difference.
- Executive presence and exceptional public speaking skills.
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills. POSITION
DETAILS: Full time exempt levelLOCATION: Madera, CA
Keywords: Valley Children's Healthcare, Madera , Senior Vice President & Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Madera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!