General Manager - Denny's - Madera, CA
Company: Denco Family Inc
Posted on: March 16, 2023
CA-Madera-93637- Denny's #7760 - Madera, CA
$2,480.00 - $3,080.00 Salary/month
Denny's restaurant is seeking a talented and highly motivated
individual to serve as our General Manager for their Madera, CA
location. This position will be responsible for the overall
restaurant operations execution and management of staff,
controllable profit plan achievement, guest count growth, and sales
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to the
following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business
- Promotes Company Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Willingly assists others without being asked.
- Prepares and interprets financial and operational reports and
schedules, analyzes data and develops solutions to ensure operating
goals are achieved.
- Directs restaurant operations with responsibility for guest
service, brand standards execution and employee training.
- Achieves controllable profit and flow thru goals by overseeing
all controllable costs and taking the appropriate corrective action
to achieve the desired result.
- Ensures timely implementation, training and ongoing execution
of all corporate initiatives and marketing promotions.
- Develops Restaurant Managers and hourly employees through
corporate training programs, individual development plans and
assignments; provides coaching and constructive feedback to
employees as needed.
- Ensures all equipment and facilities are in compliance with
Brand Standards and all government regulations and takes corrective
action when required.
- Attracts, hires, onboards and retains the best hourly talent to
meet staffing requirements and guest service standards.
- Proactively handles employee relations issues and deviations
from Brand Standards; involves the AM and Human Resources Manager
as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Develops and executes the local store marketing plan to build
relationships with civic, business, school, and professional
organizations to drive sales and guest counts.
- Monitors that proper security procedures are in place to
protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen, dining areas and
- Works to create and maintain an enjoyable and respectful
environment for our guests and employees.
- Maintains compliance with all employers employment policies and
Brand Standards to include all state, local and federal
- Follows management cash handling, inventory and other
operational procedures as outlined by the employer.
- Completes all other tasks and duties as assigned. Employee
- 401(k) - we match dollar for dollar!
- We offer Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Paid Training
- Paid Time off
- Company-wide discount - receive a 25% discount at over 40
- Flexible Schedules - well work with you because employee
work/life balance matters! Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years experience in restaurant, hospitality or
retail management, additional operations and/or leadership
experience strongly preferred.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work a minimum of 55 hours a week.
- Food Safety Manager certification required.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written
communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels
of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
in the English language.
- Possesses basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply,
- Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others.
- Proven ability to problem solve and handle high stress
- Interprets financial statements and understands contributing
- Identifies and anticipates opportunities for improvement and
implements corrective action steps.
- Must be able to perform job duties of every position.
- Must be prepared to multitask in accordance with the demands of
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and additional
shifts as needed.
- Available to travel, to include occasional overnight and
airline travel when applicable.
- Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations
- Has reliable transportation in order to meet banking
- Must be able to lift a tray weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing
up to 50 lbs; place items on high and low shelves in the office,
store rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift and grasp.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to
employee and guest needs.
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining
to health risk concerns about food handling.
- Must be able to operate a point-of-sale system and
differentiate between monetary denominations.
- Must be able to work with all Dennys menu products.
- Must be able to work with potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined
- Must be able to work inside and outside the restaurant.
- Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of restaurant
- Must be able to stand and walk during a 10 to 12 hour shift;
occasional shifts in excess of 10 hours may be required due to the
demands of the business.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen
and freezer areas.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this
position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be
performed in this position. Employer may amend, change, or modify
the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business
needs as necessary. This job description does not constitute a
contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of the
employer with or without notice.
Denco Family, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate
on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin,
disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Denco Family Inc, Madera , General Manager - Denny's - Madera, CA, Executive , Madera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...