Logistics & Export Manager - Construction
Company: Span Construction & Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: July 2, 2019
This position is for local residents only.
Logistics & Export Manager - Construction
Why Work at This Company?
Be a part of an industry leading team of amazing people, great
benefits, competitive pay, and opportunities for development and
Hiring Company Description
What started at the initiative of our CEO in 1980, has grown into a
100% Employee Owned Company. We are the #1 ranked builder in our
field and a world class competitor. SPAN is a proud commercial and
industrial construction firm committed to providing superior
services regardless of the type and location of project.
Our business model is based on a culture of keeping our commitments
at all costs, providing the best service, quality, and schedule
without compromising quality or safety. Our culture has been
entrenched in the company from inception and has resulted in our
ability to deliver industry leading engineering and construction
services. This model has helped us build over 187 million square
feet of buildings (worldwide) to date, with more being added 24/6 -
If you derive satisfaction from being challenged and consistently
learning within an environment of hard working and dedicated
people, then we want to hear from you.
SPAN is proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP), and we
are currently seeking qualified individuals to join our
administrative team, specializing as our Logistics Coordinator, and
become a fellow Employee Owner!
Successful Logistics & Export Managers are flexible/adaptable
problem solvers that possess a great attention to detail while
being able to think outside of the box. At SPAN, a Logistics &
Export Manager will work at a fast pace, executing a high volume of
coordination; partnering with leadership, salesmen, estimators,
project managers, and various vendors/brokers to pave the way for
project ease and success in the field by ensuring that materials
will be available on the jobsite on time. Internal and external
teams that interface with Logistics & Export Manager s should
always find confidence and comfort in knowing that they are
receiving the best quality services possible when it comes to their
time sensitive project execution.
If you want to join a team of people who pride themselves in being
the best in the industry and always having an anything is possible
attitude, you may belong on the SPAN team!
The Preferred Candidate Will Have:
- Minimum 3 years of functional experience specialized in
logistics and export coordination
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive
relationships throughout the coordination of a project that focus
on SPAN s core values and meets/exceeds customer s
- Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and
organizational skills with follow-up and follow through
- Ability and drive to manage through a problem and take the
appropriate action required
- Ability to drive process innovation and lead change identifying
opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and responsibility for running
operations with a sense of urgency
- Ability to be flexible/switch gears/prioritize special requests
that need to be fast tracked in order to make project
- Ability to effectively investigate time sensitive situations by
partnering with individuals for all pertinent details and (when
needed) explore all options in order to get the job done in a
timely and cost-effective manner
- Computer proficiency and utilization of company communication
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Word
- The ability to receive instruction
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to coordinate multiple
projects at once and of issues that arise daily on multiple
projects at one time
- Manage and coordinate international and domestic shipping
activities for materials and supplies to construction
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as
route optimization, carrier selection, backhauls, and trailer
- Collaborate with the team to share best practices, leverage
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies,
company policies, and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, identifying
and seizing profitable business opportunities for our clients and
- Oversee all logistics processes to track and record value
delivered to the client.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine
whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow,
reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Consolidate billings, contracts, transmittals and other
documents, using Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets, other
databases, and /or presentation software.
- Assist in reviewing accounts payable invoices and documents for
job cost tracking and payment approval.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine
- Prepare responses to correspondence on behalf of executives,
project management and management.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for
consideration and presentation by executives, project managers, and
- Conduct and analyze internet research.
- Train or assist other logistic administrative staff
- Provide our Clients and your co-workers with the highest level
of service and quality.
- Any special projects as directed by management.
- ESOP - 100% Employee Owned
- Medical benefits and 401K
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy working in an exciting, challenging, and fast paced work
- Authorized to work in the US
- At least 3 years experience with coordinating domestic shipping
utilizing brokers/trucking companies
- Experience with coordinating international shipping utilizing
Keywords: Span Construction & Engineering, Inc., Madera , Logistics & Export Manager - Construction, Executive , Madera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!