Line Cook, Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite
Company: Delaware North
Location: Fish Camp
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The OpportunityDelaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a
full-time Line Cook to join our team at Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite in
Fish Camp, California.PayMinimum pay rate: $18.00 / hourInformation
on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.Life at Tenaya
LodgeEmbark on a thrilling journey at Tenaya Lodge! Nestled near
Yosemite National Park''s entrance, our mountain resort promises a
year-round playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Join our global team
in an awe-inspiring location that inspires every day.
- Low-cost transitional housing for up to 90 days for $50/ week
(subject to availability)
- Close proximity to outdoor attractions including Yosemite
National Park, Bass Lake, Sierra National Forest
- Opportunity for outdoor activities including hiking, fishing,
biking, rock climbing, camping, horseback riding, and much
more!Perks at Tenaya Lodge
- Health, dental, and vision insurance*
- 401k with company match*
- Paid vacation days and holidays*
- Paid parental bonding leave*
- Tuition or professional certification reimbursement*
- Weekly pay
- Free shift meal in our employee dining room
- Commuter bonus - $10/day for 35+ miles and $20/day for 50+
- Employee discounts - 20% off food and beverage and 30% off
- Referral bonus - earn $200 for each eligible referral
- Training and development with opportunities for internal
mobility and growth including the chance to work at our other
locations nationwide*Available for full-time, year-round team
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Performs other duties assigned.Qualifications
- At least one years'' experience as a Prep Cook or Line
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans, weighing up to 50
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We AreTenaya
Lodge is a 4-diamond resort located just outside the south entrance
to Yosemite National Park.Surrounded by beautiful trees and granite
mountains, Tenaya Lodge is the perfect environment for outdoor
enthusiasts with great hiking trails, waterfalls, rivers, and
creeks to explore in and around Yosemite. We offer a variety of
employee housing which includes meals, utilities, internet, and
laundry. We also provide free mountain bike rental, weekly trips to
Oakhurst, and employee discounts on lodging and services. For local
candidates, we offer a commute incentive for all commutes over 50
miles one way.At Delaware North, youll love where you work, who you
work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether its in sporting
venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or
premier restaurants, theres no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Madera , Line Cook, Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite, Hospitality & Tourism , Fish Camp, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!