Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who We Are: Airgas Merchant Gases (AMG) is a leading producer
and distributor of industrial and medical gas products in the
United States. AMG produces and distributes gas products, provides
applications development and support, and manages the supply chain
for products sold through both the bulk and packaged gases
channels. AMG's products serve a wide network of customers in
manufacturing, food and beverage, petrochemical and chemical
processing, health care, education, and many other market
Candidate will be responsible for the safe reliable and
efficient operation of a cryogenic Air separation plant by
executing SOP established by AMG and the local management.
- Performs all duties assigned to the operator technician
- Maintains a high degree of safety and environmental awareness
through the practice of safe work habits
- Attain and maintain classroom instructional and technical Air
- Assist local management in the implementation of all safety
policies and procedures
- Safely start or stop plant. Monitors plant and its machinery
performance by interpreting complex mechanical, electrical and
thermodynamic data, specifically aiming to achieve production and
specific power goals, improve plant efficiencies and minimize
- Responds to plant and production disturbances; Troubleshoot
process and systems problems
- Incorporates technical data into proper material format and
content, with minimal supervision
- Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals
- Performs preventive maintenance of ASU components and auxiliary
- Prepare and maintain required administrative forms and
- Maintains qualifications of regulatory compliance (FDA, EPA,
OSHA, DOT) in regard to production and distribution and documents
for release of medical products
- Maintains and organize plant equipment history files and plant
- Conducts safety briefings and issues work permits for vendors
- Provides operations support for other AMG locations as
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
- Education High school diploma or GED required. Minimum two
years of college, technical school, or military technical
- Two years of experience operating and/or maintaining a
technical process in an industrial setting preferred. Will possess
practical experience in operations and maintenance of industrial
plants and facilities.
- Practical experience in process control is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Thermodynamics and its cryogenic
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Possess journeyman skills in mechanical system maintenance and
- Be familiar with current maintenance programs.
- Initiative and Ingenuity
- Requires the use of considerable judgment to recognize and
interpret sophisticated instrumentation and make decisions
- Requires strong problem solving abilities.
- Requires the ability to use computer programs to effectively
analyze, document and track specific initiatives and goals set by
- Moderate physical effort to handle light and medium weights and
occasionally heavy tools and equipment. May occasionally work in
awkward physical positions. Must be able to physically climb 250ft
on a ladder and lift 50 lbs.
Mental or Visual demand
- Ability to work alone. Requires continuous mental and visual
attention to operate equipment, make repairs and adjustments,
- Responsibility for safety of others
- Requires 100% compliance with Airgas safety policy and
procedures, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)
training and techniques to prevent lost time or serious injury to
- Light indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment, subject to
noise dust, heat, cold. Occasional travel may be required.
- Rotating 12 hour swing shifts
- Share on-call responsibilities with other
Operator/Instrumentation technicians to facilitate uninterrupted
plant operation 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
- Unavoidable hazards
- Exposure to asphyxiating gases, fall hazards are present.
Proper PPE required for all job duties.
Other Skills Required
- Critical thinking - ability to work independently to
troubleshoot, diagnose & solve issues with process and plant
- Computer - strong skills in computer programs used for process
control as well as document and spreadsheet creation and
- Analysis of inefficiencies - Ability to find process
inefficiencies by calculating mass and heat balances aimed to find
solutions. Recommends to management necessary improvements to
- Communication - ability to communicate effectively with a broad
array of people using both verbal & written tools to build upon and
become part of a strong team environment.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term
and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays,
401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement
and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Madera , Production Technician, Other , Madera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!