Machine Shop Supervisor
Company: JBT Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JBT Diversified Food & Health is a prime solutions and equipment
provider within the preservation industry segment. From preparation
to preservation, conveying and packaging, our comprehensive range
of technologies captures the freshness, taste, texture, appearance
and nutritional value of fresh and processed fruit and vegetable
products, and we have a fantastic opportunity for a Machine Shop
Supervisor to join our team!
- To supervise, coordinate and administer Machining Department
activities in support of all manufacturing goals and
- Lead and manage all assigned machine shop employees
- Operate within the organization to accomplish work within
- Lead and oversee all assigned safety and environmental
compliance requirements on site and in field activities as it
pertains to the machine shop
- Lead all assigned machine shop projects to ensure Safety,
Quality, Delivery and Cost initiative goals are met
- Control and optimize the machine shop departmental spending
against annual budgets
- Execute on all assigned production projects
- Drive Continuous Improvement in all areas using Lean
- Department natural expense control
- Participate with managers in other functional areas to assure
the site meets all business goals and objectives
- Demonstrates awareness of policies and procedures that affect
specific job assignments
- Coordinates with the Manufacturing Engineering Department in
recommending, planning, and designing of tooling, jigs, and
fixtures for the Machine shop, and Fabrication Departments to
improve productivity, and efficiency.
- Recommends design and/or manufacturing methods changes to
reduce manufacturing costs, improve efficiency, product, and
quality through lean manufacturing principles.
- Interface with functional areas to answer questions and problem
- Determine appropriate staffing levels and assign workload
- Maintain documents and necessary information and utilize
reports for machine shop status as it relates to KPI's
- Organize and maintain fixtures and storage areas through 5s
- Recommends and identify areas of improvement and implements
innovative methods for improvements throughout the machine
- Participates as a team member in Kaizen and other continuous
- Demonstrates good inter-personal, presentation, and
- Work with sales, procurement, engineering, and service.
- Ensure that quality standards are met and continually carry-on
programs to reduce and control defective work.
- Expand cross functional skill sets in machine shop to aid in
effective assignment execution
- Ensure that all environmental rules and regulations are
followed in the accordance with proper procedures.
- Supervises the purchase, storage, maintenance and issuance of
all Machining Department tooling and shop supplies.
- Monitor performance of all Machining Department employees and
recommend/implement job changes or classification changes as
required, as well as additional training needs.
- Support all company policies
- Recommends new capital expenditures to Operations Manager
This job description is a general description of essential job
functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it
intended to describe all duties someone in this position may
- BS in manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience in a
- Candidate should possess 5 to 10 years of production
- Must be familiar with machining and fabrication
- Ability to communicate a complete understanding of complex
production processes, practices, and techniques
- ERP system knowledge such as JDE
- PC software knowledge such as MS Office including Excel , power
point, and word.
- Lean Manufacturing principals such as and including Kaizen, and
VSM, and Continuous flow
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply complex technical
information, specification, drawings, and processes
Keywords: JBT Corporation, Madera , Machine Shop Supervisor, Other , Madera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!